Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Studio Christmas Card 2005



So today I'm showing my 2005 Christmas card.  I got such a nice response to the first years
card that I went with the accordion fold format again.  This year I added more to the outside of the card.  Myself & my sweet husband Antonio ended up sewing 300 buttons on front of each card & adding a bit of string to wrap around the button to use as a closing device.  (sometimes he wishes I knew when to stop...)  The card is a fun assortment of prints/ illustrations. A confetti floral print in a somewhat seasonal palette, painted A- Z Christmas, seasonal line- work icons (from my sketchbook) Big City Santa ( I painted him while living in NY & while many find him a bit scary I think city Santa would be thinner to get down all those chimneys & a bit more metro sexual) a painted roof top scene with message in the night sky. Finally, I capped it all off with presents on pink.  Click on the image to get a better look....
Would love to hear what's your favorite part of this card.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Such a WONDERFUL piece, Jill!!
I love, love, love the "happy" star constellation on the cover! It is my fave.

Genevieve Gail said...

These are so cute! My favorite part is the button embellishment although I had to laugh when you mentioned sewing over 300 of them! That's so awesome you have a husband that helps you out with that stuff! It reminded me when I had the bright idea to make my 200+ wedding invitations and attach metal leaves and raffia to them- I thought that project was never gonna end- ha ha! Love your blog and artwork!!!

Jennifer DeDonato said...

I love your Christmas card! Totally awesome!!!!

Vela said...

It's all so lovely, but the painted roof top scene with the message in the night sky is my favorite.

Jill said...

Thanks for all the feedback....
I really enjoy hearing what each person likes.
So interesting all the different ways something can strike a cord.