Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Luca's World


Last night I did a quick sketch of Luca & all the things he enjoys in his world. He's two now & his likes & dislikes are opening up. He's becoming his own little person. (or at least it's more evident to us) It's a joy to see what fascinates him, what flavors he enjoys, what sounds he likes to hear. I'm trying to document his likes- I believe we are who we are from the get go. So these early signs are my clues to help him develop in what ever area draws him in.

4 comments:

Amy Schimler-Safford said...

Hi Jill, catching up with blogs and loved this post. So lovely and sweet, I love how you honor your son's independence - what a great age watching them become themselves. (love his little frog boots).

kristina proffitt said...

I love that sweet sketch, Jill! How cool would it be to do one every year and then put them together in a book for Luca when he is older! Such a neat thing!

Hope your day today is a great one! Hugs!

Jill said...

Hi Amy- so pleased you stopped back by. I like to visit your blog when I need a fresh breath of air! All I can do is honor my little guys spirit he's full of so many possibilities.

coloredsock said...

i love this, too, jill. it's beautiful and like amy said, so nice of you to honor him and who he is becoming. it's really the best part, isn't it?! seeing "who" they are?