Thursday, April 17, 2014

Mary Blair Article

Mary Blair's signature style Small World city continues to inspire!

Love this Cinderella piece you can see a Matisse influence here.

Several months ago I was interviewed by the Guardian Stewardship Edition's.  They were putting together an article about Mary Blair's influence on artists today.  First off, I have to say that Mary Blair has always been one of my design heroes. I was one of a couple artist they selected.  Just seeing my art & name on the same page as hers gave me goose bumps- what an honor!

 I think Mary Blair is just amazing & that special kind of magic that doesn't come around that often.  I strive each year to keep making art that will stand the test of time & bring a little joy to those who see it.  Having role models like her to look up to gives me great inspiration.  Thank You Mary Blair!

You can read the article here.  


*My dear friend Gigi gave me a copy of I Can Fly over 10 years ago.  Still cherish this gift.  I love how she added my name next to the other kids who enjoyed this book.

No comments: