Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Printsource

Antonio will be in New York next Tuesday & Wednesday showing some of my art at the Printsource show. (August 12 - 13th at the Metropolitan Pavilion 125 W 18th st)  This show typically attracts more of the apparel market & the show is geared toward fall/ winter art. These buyers are looking for on trend art with limited color for ease in production.

My studio has switched over to primarily licensing my art.  That said I am a pattern factory & have a lot of available art that is good but may not be what people come to me for when they want to license my art.  I do think it's difficult to license a dot or a stripe.  For my business selling some things like that outright has been the best fit.  I feel the same way about some of my character pieces.  They may be cute but is the piece robust enough to support a licensed product that often needs enough content to be pushed & pulled across various formats. Or will it take me 10 years to find that client?  Because I make SO much art & love to doing it,  going to a show like Print Source from time to time makes sense.

Today I'm showing some boys art.


If your looking for some fun, fresh art stop by our booth- B1 & say HI to Antonio.  He'd be happy to show you the collection!  Tomorrow some girls art.

No comments: